Lazada Indonesia

Monday, July 21, 2014

Ben Nye Luxury Powder Banana Review + Photos




Since Kim Kardashian tweeted her contoured face picture using Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana, this product suddenly become popular. I heard good things about it, and like the other cosmetic whores who want to try, I purchased it to discover what is behind this fabulous powder. 

Well, from the packaging, we can say that - it is far from luxury - the plastic jar with a sieve-like cap reminds me of the baby powders’ packaging - but who cares? ;) I use the content, not the packaging ;) 

The texture is finely milled and lightweight with medium coverage. It leaves skin smooth but not incredibly soft when you touch.

So far, I am impressed with its performance. It absorbs oil from concealer and foundation, it prevents them from sliding around later in the day. That is why it works best as a setting powder because it makes make up exceptional hold. With other loose powders, my face tends to get shiny very fast but with Banana I blot my face after about 4 hours wearing it. It is definitely a winning for oily skin people! For people with dry and mature skin it may not a good choice because it tends to emphasize the dryness of skin and wrinkles. However you still can make this works for you by applying moisturizer and primer prior to the application of this product and use brush to apply it. 

The yellow tone of Banana is too obvious. It does not really suits for everyone. It looks good on people with medium and tan skin but people with fair skin may find it is too yellow for them.

There are two things I do not like from this product. First, it mattifies skin way too much. Personally, I do not like the unattractive “chalky” look it gives in photograph but I do not mind to use it daily as it will not look as matte as the day goes by. Second, it casts a yellow tint. In my case, it does not brighten the dark circles under my eyes as it claims it will because concealer already did for it. Otherwise, it makes the concealer I wear become yellow. To solve this problem, I usually add powder with lighter color in highlight areas on top of it. 

Overall, Ben Nye Luxury Powder Banana is amazing. I really recommend it for you who have oily skin and like the matte finish. 

Pros 
  • It is fragrance free  
  • It makes make up last longer
  • It provides better coverage for blemishes
  • It reduces the appearance of oily skin

Con
  • It mattifies skin way too much


More Pictures








No comments:

Post a Comment